What is B.A (Bachelor of Arts)?
Full form of BA is Bachelor of Arts. BA is an extremely popular undergraduate course that students puruse right after their class 12th. Here are some important facts to konw about Bachelor or Arts:
- Bachelor or Arts is usually of three years duration.
- As part of a BA course the students need to study five compulsory subjects along with few elective subjects. These subjects vary depending on the discipline selected by candidates.
- Candidates can pursue a BA course as a full time course or even as a part time course, correspondence course or in a distance education mode.
- BA courses are offered by colleges under various streams such as Design, Hospitality, Mass Communication and Pure Humanities
BA is most popular among students of Humanities and there are various specialisations under BA Humanities. The list of the most popular specialisations in BA Humanities and the colleges that offfer those specialisations is mentioned in the table below.
|Different languages (English, French, German, Hindi, Spanish, Chinese / Mandarin, Greek, Japanese, Latin)||Economics|
Required Skillset for BA
Candidates who want to pursue a BA course need to have interest in the subjects that they choose to pursue in the course. Some of the key skills that aspirants should have in order to pursue a BA course are as mentioned below:
|Fluent in language||Logical|
BA Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for a BA course specifies that candidates should have completed their 10+2 from a recognised board. Apart from this, some colleges also specify that aspirants should have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks at their Class 12 level in order to be eligible to pursue a BA course offered by them. Some colleges also offer 5% marks relaxation in this criteria for SC/ ST candidates.
BA Job Profiles
After completing a BA course candidates can pursue a MA course in the same discipline in which they pursued their graduation. Candidates who want to make a career as a teacher can opt for a BEd course after completing their BA degree.
Apart from these options candidates are informed that after completing their BA course they become eligible to appear for government exams.
However, aspirants can also opt to pursue a job right after completing their BA course. Some popular job profiles that candidates can pursue after a BA course are:
- Content Writer: In this job profile one needs to research for information on the internet or even through offline sources and create original content for the medium and firm that they are employed at.
- Social Worker: In such a job profile one needs to identify and thereafter help people cope with the problems at hand.
- Airhostess/ Flight Steward: In this job profile, one joins the aviation industry and is responsible for ensuring the safety and security of passengers on board an aircraft. Apart from this, an airhostess/ flight steward also serves refreshment to passengers on an aircraft.