What is BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)?
Bachelor of Business Administration or BBA is one among the foremost popular bachelor degree programmes after class XII. The BBA course is that the gateway to numerous job opportunities during a plethora of sectors like Marketing, Education, Finance, Sales, and Government to call just a couple of . Here are some important highlights of the BBA program/degree that you simply should know about:
- The 3-year professional undergraduate course in Business Management is hospitable students from all the three streams: Science, Arts and Commerce.
- The BBA course offers knowledge and training in management and leadership skills to organize them for managerial roles and entrepreneurship.
- During the tenure of the course, candidates learn various aspects of business administration and management through class room lectures and practical projects like internship.
- BBA are often pursued in full-time also as correspondence mode.
- There are various BBA specializations one can choose between like
*Human Resource Management
*Sales & Marketing
The average starting salary of a BBA graduate is on a mean Rs 3 lakh and upwards
BBA Eligibility Criteria and Entrance Exams
Aspirants who have completed their Class XII (10+2 level) in any stream from a recognized educational board or university can pursue BBA
The candidates must have attained an aggregate score of 50% and above in Class XII
In case a candidate has appeared for Class XII exam and is waiting for the result, s/he can also apply to the course.
Some of the most popular BBA specializations are listed below:
|BBA Finance||BBA in Banking and Insurance||BBA Information Technology|
|BBA Human Resource||BBA Marketing||BBA Communication and Media Management|
|BBA Foreign Trade||BBA Hospitality and Hotel Management||BBA Hospital and Healthcare Management|
BBA Jobs & Top Recruiters
On completion of BBA, aspirants generally opt for MBA. However, candidates can also choose to explore job opportunities in various fields like banking, urban infrastructure & real estate management, business consultancies, advertising, manufacturing and in Government sectors to name a few. Some major job profiles one can opt for after completion of BBA are as follows:
- Human Resource Executive: The responsibility of a Human Resource Executive (HR Executive) includes ensuring that the strategies, methodology and HR programs are administered and the objectives of the organisation are in consistence with proficient benchmarks, state and government administrative prerequisites and laws. Also, planning, advising on HR strategies and overseeing human asset activities like enrollment and pay is the key responsibility of an HR Manager. The average salary of Human Resource Manager is Rs 4 lakh and upwards
- Marketing Executive: A Marketing Executive develops official statements and is responsible for promotion for the organisation’s products, conducting and analysing a competitive research, and establishing objectives, expectations and results for marketing programmes. The average salary of Marketing Executive is Rs 3 lakh and upwards
- Marketing Manager: A Marketing Manager collaborates with product managers and aims at executing new/ modified programs for the establishment of improved strategies. Developing market research studies & analyze their finding, making the best use of marketing programs & campaigns for the organisation’s products and services are the responsibilities of a Marketing Manager. The average salary of a Marketing Manager is Rs 4.5 lakh and upwards
- Sales Executive: The Sales Executive is required to design and implement strategies to increase company sales revenue and expand the company’s base in the market. The average salary of a Sales Executive is Rs 3 lakh and upwards.
Research and Development (R&D) Executive: A R&D Manager directs and manages the development & research programmes of an organisation in order to meet the needs of the organisation. Measuring the scope of research projects & making sure that they are delivered on time within the stipulated budget is the role of an R&D Manager. The average salary of a Sales Executive is Rs 2 lakh and upwards.
*The salary data has been obtained from Payscale.com
BBA Top Recruiters
Some of the top companies offering jobs to BBA graduates are:
|Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)||Hindustan Unilever|
|International Business Machines (IBM) Corp||Ernst & Young (EY)|
|Microsoft||Mc Kinsey and Company|