What is Paramedical?
Paramedical courses are job oriented academic programs. Paramedical courses teach an individual and change them into a competent health care worker. There is an increasing realization of the significance of paramedical personnel in the health sector, particularly in trauma and accident care. Health care delivery systems are undergoing fast changes and the demand for expert paramedical personnel is on the rise. This, in turn, has increased the demand for Paramedical courses in recent times. By going through this post you will be able to know about paramedical Careers’ specializations, salary, jobs, and prospects of growth. This career is expected to gain momentum in the coming years because of the increase in the number of corporate hospitals.
How do you get started?
Training/Education requirements for professionals pursuing a career in Paramedical variations.
What stream/subjects do you need to study in school?
There is an increasing demand for paramedics’ professionals both in India in addition to abroad. Paramedical offers numerous courses for 12th students. Students passed standard 12 with Science with Biology are entitled to the paramedical courses. Paramedical courses are available in:
- Bachelor’s Degree course
- Diploma course
- Certificate course
- Postgraduate Course
Bachelor’s Degree in Paramedical Courses
- Bachelor of Radiation Technology
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- B.Sc. Nursing
- B.Sc. in Dialysis Therapy
- B.Sc. Medical Lab Technology
- B.Sc. in Optometry
- B.Sc. in X-Ray Technology
- B.Sc. in Nuclear Medicine Technology
- B.Sc. in Operation Theatre Technology
- B.Sc. in Medical Record Technology
- B.Sc. in Medical Imaging Technology
- B.Sc. in Anesthesia Technology
Duration – 3 to 4 years
Diploma Paramedical Courses
- Diploma in OT Technician
- Diploma in Rural Health Care
- Diploma in Dental Hygienist
- Diploma in Occupational Therapy
- Diploma in Dialysis Technology
- Diploma in X-Ray Technology
- Diploma in Nursing Care Assistant
- Diploma in Physiotherapy
Duration – 1 to 3 years
Certificate Paramedical Courses
- Certificate in X-Ray Technician
- Certificate in ECG and CT Scan Technician
- Certificate – Technician/ Lab Assistant
- Certificate in Nursing Care Assistant
- Certificate – Dental Assistant
- Certificate in HIV and Family Education
- Certificate in Rural Health Care
- Certificate in Dialysis Technician
- Certificate in Home Based Health Care
Duration – 6 months to 2 years.
Postgraduate Courses in Paramedical Science
- Master of Radiation Technology
- Master of Medical Lab. Technology
- Master of Optometry & Ophthalmic Technology
- Master of Pathology Technology
- PG Diploma in Maternal & Child Health
- PG Diploma in Geriatric Medicine
- PG Diploma in Hospital & Health Management
- Master of Occupational therapy
- Master of Physiotherapy
- M.Sc Nursing
- Master of Pharmacy
- Master of Veterinary & Public Health
- Master of Hospital Administration
Top Paramedical Variations Recruiters
List of recruiters for paramedics.
- Nanavati Hospital
- Fortis Hospital
- Manipal Hospital
- Apollo Hospitals
- MaxCure Hospital
- Billroth Hospital
- Artemis Hospital
- Max Superspeciality Hospital
- Columbia Asia Referral Hospital
Future Growth Prospects and how to get there faster
Employment opportunity for Paramedical Professionals is increasing day by day not only in India but also in foreign countries such as the USA, UAE, UK, Canada, etc. Their role is to assist doctors to provide an accurate diagnosis of a disease to allow its best possible treatment. Paramedical sciences have their significance and value.
To become a successful paramedic faster, it is essential to develop the skills and experience as experience matters very much in this field.
What if this career does not work out for me? What are the other options for a person with these credentials?
After completing the basic course in any of the paramedical streams, the aspirants can take up a job in a Nursing Home, Hospital, Clinics, and Health Departments as well colleges and universities as lecturer, etc. Besides, they can open their own laboratories/clinics. The career prospects for paramedical streams are thus varied.